At first, we had two integrations
Since we launched our Coding Assistant, we have developed two integrations: one for VS Code and one for all JetBrains products. We had great feedback from developers about these plugins, and we are happy to see our product growing every day (note: thank you, Codiga users 🙏).
However, there is more than two editors: Visual Studio is very popular for C# programmers, Sublime Text is popular for Python, Eclipse is still the army-knife used for Java and many custom languages, and there are still many other IDEs - the list is long!
Developing more integrations
We realized that we need to integrate more IDEs to make our Coding Assistant accessible to more developers. We have two ways of doing this:
- Develop the plugins ourselves
- Partner with the open-source community
Being open-source fans, the solution is obvious to us: the open-source community is strong, full of passionate, experienced developers that want to deliver a great product and help other developers.
- Under what license the new integration should be?: most licenses should be fine, we generally prefer MIT
- What platforms are you looking for?: mostly Visual Studio, Sublime Text and Eclipse. If you have an idea about another IDE, don't be shy, contact us!
- How much do you pay?: it's not a full-time job, we will pay a fixed amount depending on the developer experience and location (we will not lowball you as this is not in our principles)
- What would you provide besides money?: your work will be promoted by Codiga, your plugin will be on our website