We are constantly updating our product to provide a great user experience. Last week, we updated our VS Code Plugin to give a more seamless experience. Now the search panel is much more interactive and easy to use. The Smart Code Snippets can be found much easier. We are one step closer to providing you with a rich user experience with this update.
Now, you will be able to create, share, and import reusable Smart Code Snippets much easier than before.
What’s new in version 0.5.3?
- Interactive search panel
- Removed old search bar
- Minor bug fixes
- Improved code recommendations
To get the latest update, please install the newest version of the Codiga Coding Assistant. This can be done by visiting the VS Code marketplace. Once updated, you can use our latest features.
We have different privacy modes for Smart Code Snippets, if you don't know. With an increasing number of Smart Code Snippets, it was challenging to search for and differentiate between them from the old search bar. We introduced the all-new search panel in the VS Code plugin to solve this problem. We are soon bringing a similar update for our Jetbrains plugin as well.
Interactive search panel
Codiga’s Smart Code Snippets VS Code Plugin allows you to search for a code snippet on the VS Code interface.
With the new update, you can differentiate among different code snippets from this panel using the search filter.
The search filter has the following options:
- All Snippets - All global code snippets (Including public & private code snippets)
- Public Code Snippets - All public code snippets
- Private Code Snippets - All private code snippets in your account
- Favourite Code Snippets - All code snippets you have added as a favourite
You can preview the code snippets before inserting them into your codebase with the new update. This will help you avoid any mistakes in your code.
We have made it much easier for you to add code snippets with our contextual Smart Code Snippets with the latest update in VS Code. It will be much easier to use them in your code.
Smart Code Snippets are the enhanced version of regular code snippets. Codiga’s Coding Assistant tool houses a growing library of Smart Code Snippets added and vetted by thousands of other developers who use our platform. Smart Code Snippets can be populated directly in VS Code and other IDEs using one of the Codiga plugins.
You can search for a Smart Code Snippet on Codiga Hub, where you can filter by name, keywords, or tags associated with the piece of code you are looking for. Once you find one that you want to use, favour it, and it will then populate directly on your chosen IDE with just a few short commands.
A Smart Code Snippet is an enhanced version of a code snippet with some additional advantages such as:
- Name: Words/sentence that explains what the snippets do.
- Language: The programming language of the code snippet.
- Dependencies: what libraries of framework the snippet depends on (e.g. React, NextJS, etc.).
- Placeholders: part of the snippet that the user can customise.
- Description: multiple sentences that explain what the snippet does.
- Keywords: helps to find the snippets for search engine.
- Tags: list of tags to organize the snippet
Make the snippet contextual, which means our engines will suggest snippets based on the file you're working on, the language you're coding & the framework/library you're using.
If you want to know more about smart code snippets, you can read this blog.
How to open the search panel?
Well like before you can directly open the search bar using CMD + SHIFT + C[Mac]/ CTRL + ALT + C [Windows]. This will open up a search bar where you can go ahead and search all your code snippets.
Note that all the results are contextual, which means we suggest code snippets based on what file you are on, what language you are coding or the framework/library you are using.
What to expect in the next update?
- Enhanced Code recommendations.
- More quality smart code snippets.
- Popular SDKs & Framework code snippet support.
- Better user experience.
- Amazing code experience.
If you have any suggestions, please feel free to drop them off at email@example.com.